They carried out a mobilization 25 years after the first triple femicide of Cipolletti

Relatives, feminist organizations and friends of the three young women murdered in the Rio Negro city of Cipolletti held a rally this afternoon and later mobilization on the 25th anniversary of the triple femicide, where they insisted that the crime “did not have a single person responsible” and pointed out that the “research was done poorly from the start”.

The call, carried out by the Multisectorial de Mujeres de Cipolletti, began at 5:00 p.m. at the intersection of Roca and España streets in that town in the northwest of the province of Río Negro, in memory of the sisters María Emilia (24) and Paula González (17), and her friend Verónica Villar (22); who on November 9, 1997 were seen alive for the last time and two days later they were found murdered and half buried next to the train tracks.

“They want us to believe that there is only one person responsible. After 25 years, the worst thing that can happen to us is to stay in our house,” Ofelia Villar, mother of one of the victims, said in a dialogue with Télam during the march that ended in front of Plaza San Martín in the city of Rio Negro.

The only one convicted of the act was Carlos Kielmasz, who is still in prison after being sentenced in 2001 to life imprisonment as a “necessary participant” in the crime of “kidnapping followed by death.”

Regarding Kielmasz, the lawyer for the families of the victims, Marcelo Hertz Riken Velasco, told Télam that the convicted person requested a hearing to be released on parole, although this request was rejected by the Justice.

“Probably within 20 or 30 days we will have an extensive hearing with Kielmasz in which we will let him know with our experts and with the officers that he is not in psychiatric conditions to regain his freedom,” the lawyer specified.

On this point, Agustina Bonetti, daughter of María Emilia González, warned during the demonstration that the condemned man “can commit a crime again if he is released.”

“There is talk that Kielmasz is going to have temporary releases or parole, but the person does not have any favorable psychological side. He has already shown that he is a psychopath and for me he will commit a crime again if they release him, ”he exclaimed.

In turn, Agustina assured that “the investigation of the fact was done wrong from the beginning” and maintained that she would like to “know exactly what happened that day.”

“The prosecutor endorsed a lot of things that were wrongly done. Despite that, the claim for justice remains the same. The truth is that I would like to know what happened and who it really was, because only Kielmasz is a participant necessary”, said the 27-year-old, who anticipated that it will be the last year in which she participates in the march.

“I was two and a half years old when they killed my mother. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been carrying this. For me it’s more of the same, when 15 years of impunity were completed, my grandparents decided to step aside. I thought that at some point I was going to be able to do it alone, but now I realize that I am not, so this will be the last year that I am going to participate in the march,” she said.

On the other hand, Ofelia Villar maintained that “her only hope is that an eyewitness appears” of the triple crime.

“We continue to make these calls because quiet hope is cowardice. That’s all I can say,” said Villar, who argued that from the triple femicide “many dark things could be revealed” in the city.

In the event, t-shirt prints were made with legends commemorating the 25 years of impunity and with drawings that represent the Cipolletti Women’s Multisectorial, while an open radio was carried out.

On November 9, 1997, the sisters and their friend went out to fulfill their usual routine, which was a walk around the city.

When they did not return, the families filed the police complaint and an unprecedented raking began in which dozens of neighbors participated who joined the search in solidarity.

Two days later, on November 11, Dante Caballero, with his sheepdog, found the bodies of the young women half-buried in an area known as Los Olivillos, next to the railroad tracks.

According to the autopsy, the victims had stab wounds, gunshot wounds and blows that clearly evidenced the violence they had suffered before being killed.

The community of the region was dismayed by what happened, massive mobilizations were carried out led by the parents of the victims, Juan and Ofelia Mosconi and Ulises González and Susana Guareschi, demanding justice.

Despite popular demand, the investigation did not fully clarify the incident and on July 5, 2001, the Second Chamber of General Roca sentenced Kielmasz to life imprisonment and Guillermo González Pino to 18 years in prison.

However, in 2002, the Supreme Court of Justice acquitted the latter of triple femicide.

That same year, on May 23, Cipolletti was shocked again with a second triple femicide, that of Mónica García, Carmen Marcovecchio and Alejandra Carbajales, who were murdered in a clinical analysis laboratory in the city.

(Line 144: care, support and advice in situations of gender violence. By WhatsApp: +5491127716463). (Telam)

They carried out a mobilization 25 years after the first triple femicide of Cipolletti